Wednesday, July 9, 2008

He Sits On A Wall....




This guy was painted on a piece of wood hanging around in the garage back in 2003. He comes with soldiers, horses, a castle, and of course a brick wall. It was finished just in time for Christmas for a gift for my son. His dad turned it into a toy chest and has been filled to the brim with treasures ever since. Lately I have been wondering why I spent so much time on painting something that he would surely grow out of.
This morning my nine year old son told me that when he buys his first house, and he has a wife, that this toy chest will make the perfect coffee table. This makes me smile....I guess you could say that maybe he will never grow out of it. Maybe he will have it forever and someday will hold treasures for his children too.

No comments: