Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Day


"I have always been delighted at the prospect of a new day, a fresh try, one more start, with perhaps a bit of magic waiting somewhere behind the morning"
J.B.Priestly, 1894 - 1984.



This quote boarders around a print by Donna Atkins that hangs in my kitchen. It always reminds me of the simple things in my life that means so much to me. Like this morning waking up early to hear the morning doves singing to each other. A beautiful sky as the sun was peeking up with a light fog that covered the ground, and a tiny voice whispering in my ear "morning Mom". So my day began with a morning snuggle, followed by a visit and a coffee with a friend. There was a little time to sew a couple of quilt blocks together then I made a pot of soup and baked some bread that sent the smell of hearty goodness all though the house for the afternoon. A long awaited parcel arrive in the mail and was shared with a good friend and her boys over a coffee on the deck steps. An afternoon country drive, some fresh corn on the cob, blueberries picked, some evening time sewing, and a little painting of a new project that makes me happy to feel the brush in my hand again.
I think I had quite a bit of "magic" in my day.....and tomorrow I get to start all over again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A quote that would be very very cool on a memory quilt...I think I'll borrow it and add it to August 13...a new day! Yippee!