Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Spectacular Wonder



We had a chance to get away for a few days to celebrate an anniversary. A two hour drive from home and we found ourselves in the heart of Niagara Falls. Nothing can describe the view we witnessed and pictures never quite capture the beauty of this natural wonder of the world. I managed to get as close as I could for pictures but there is always a mist in the air that covers the camera lens. Only twenty-five percent of the lakes water travels over the falls the other seventy-five percent is channeled around the falls. Did you know that the first person that went over the falls in a barrel and survived was a 63 year old school teacher and her cat??
The last picture is my favourite from the top of the Skylon Tower just as the sun was going down, and I even managed to catch a rainbow in it as well. (click on the pictures to get a better view)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely spectacular! Oh my gosh...I have to see this! Your photographs are wonderful Cath...on your funny-story camera! Thank you for finding my artist blog on the blog thingy...you were my first visitor! Love you...and catch up with you soon. The Painter Lady