Wednesday, December 3, 2008

In The Hoop

Confessions of a stitcher.....I have a total of nine stitching projects on the go as of today. There are hoops for each one, a zip lock bag holding each project and threads neatly tucked in a small tote bag ready to take with me on the go. I also have a major cross stitch picture that I am working on and two hand quilted table runners. I never seem to leave the house without my stitching tote, but I have been known to leave home without my purse.
I have finished the twelve days of Christmas ornaments from Annie Downs pattern featured in this years Better Homes and Gardens Holiday Crafts magazine. The pattern makes a beautiful wall hanging with some applique and hand quilting. I am thinking I should have it finished by next Christmas.
It wasn't long ago that I had all of my embroidery hoops empty and in search for something else to stitch....I think I got carried away. And lastly a picture of this years advent calendar I made for my son filled with some sweet treats and holiday fun.

4 comments:

Beth said...

Cathy, that was so funny what you said about leaving the house without your purse, but never your stitching tote! I guess you could say that your work always keeps you in stitches! Ha, ha.

Seriously, I love all your work. I've got to admit---I'm a little jealous because I have no talent whatsoever in art or handiwork. So I am in awe of those that do. You are so talented.

And I love your advent calendar. I know your son will enjoy unwrapping one of those pretty little bundles everyday!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh how we love to see someone else with UFO's as well! I always hae several unfinished objects hanging around - from cross stitch to NP to cards and anything in between! LOL

Thanks so much for your kind comments. We will be in the next issue of Country Sampler and the spring issue of Mercantile gatherings magazines!!

Bev C said...

Cathy, Wow so much work was put into your advent calendar. Your stitcheries look lovely, I would have the problem of which to finish first. Happy stitching.

Clara....in TN said...

Cathy, you sound like me. I would rather forget my purse any day than to forget my knitting bag. I have a shirt that says "When I'm sittin'...I'm knittin." That is the truth. My DH says he is going to put knitting needles in my hand when I die, and I say please do...just make sure I have some yarn with me! Your work is so pretty! Keep on Stitchin' I love it!