Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Catching Up


Time flies when your having fun.....or not having fun? Not sure which one is right, but it applies to both I am sure.
It has been nice to see the sun shining the last couple days, after all the snow and rain we have had last month, it was nice!
I've been thinking of my blog, but it seems that when I had a few minutes to sit and write, something else came up. Three weeks ago we had a major thaw of snow and on top of that was a major rainfall. Water levels were fifteen feet above normal and rivers around us were swollen and major flooding happened. Needless to say that our basement was very wet with water pouring in and nothing we could do to stop it. This was the second wet basement since Boxing day, so I am glad it is over. A few baseboards to be redone and some furniture damage, but other than that...all is fine now.
I had a husband home sick with pneumonia and a layoff that lasted five weeks. He is well now and back to work....so things are looking up. School projects for my son seems to have been high on the list of "to do" things. I have to really wonder if these projects are for the kids or for the parents since the requirements cannot be finished by the children alone.
So now things seem to be back to normal and I have some time to do some quilting and work on my projects. My little shop is working out well, lots of ideas to be added and it all takes time to iron out the bugs with something that is new.
Thank you to all of you that sent "well wishes" by email...I am fine....just keeping busy.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

I hope Spring is on the way for you by now, water getting in to the house is a horrible thing it does so much damage.i look forward to seeing your new projects and glad to hear the shop is doing well

Beth said...

I'm sorry to hear about your husband (and your basement!), Cathy, but glad to know that all is well now. I had to laugh at what you said about your son's school projects because that was so very true of our children, as well. We tried to let them complete on their own as many of their projects as we could, but most of them required a pretty large amount of parental assistance. We just tried to look at them as "bonding experiences". :-)

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Cathy, I'm sorry about your sick husband and the water problem. I've had enough water problems around here to do me a life time. No fun as you know. I'm glad your shope is doing good. Your items look lovely. Keep up the good work! clara

Linda said...

I'm glad you stopped by the painted quilt, so now I can view your blog. I'm also from the great white north. Ontario. Your bags are great. Linda