Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ribbon Flowers

Something fun to try, a little ribbon, a little paint, some embroidery floss, and permanent ink. I am not sure what this will be when it is finished, but I am thinking to frame it for something new on the wall. Big bold letters that read "WELCOME" and lots and lots of ribbon. I remembered seeing this idea many years ago at a craft shop and I thought I would try it. Funny how some things stick in your head for that long.
I have finished a few new bags for my shop and still more ideas to put together. I am wondering how ribbon flowers would look on a tote bag, I guess I will have to experiment and see.

4 comments:

Donna said...

That's very pretty and I can see why it stayed in your thoughts. I would love to see the whole piece when you finish.

Clara....in TN said...

Very pretty. I have made those ribbon flowers....a long time ago. I had forgotten how lovely they are. You are making something I want to see when finished!

Clara....in TN said...

Cathy, how is your WELCOME project coming along?

Grammyof13 said...

My first visit here, but I like what I see. I envy you girls that are so full of arts and craft ideas. I haven't decided what it is I do that could be called a talent.

This is a beautiful piece, whatever you make of it. Great post.