Sunday, October 19, 2008

Thinking Christmas




Earlier this week I spent the day with a group of ladies that I have been painting with for the last 15 years. Every Thursday morning we would get together at a small studio back in the woods on a country farm owned by a local artist. We would spend most of the day together doing what we all loved to do. Although each of us are artists and we each paint in very different styles, we do seem to inspire each other.
I haven't painted with them in quite sometime, but it felt like I picked up exactly where I left off. Somehow their life stories seem still so familiar, it felt good to be with them again.
When I came home, I started to bring out some Christmas pieces that I have finished in the past. Knowing Christmas is not that far away, I wanted to get started on something new, so it will be finished in time. I am still deciding where to begin, as this process always takes me the most time to figure out. It also seems to early to be thinking about Christmas and it is had to get into the spirit.
This piece I did a few years ago, painted on a small metal tree. Old Victorian Santa, with cardinals, pine cones, flowers and holy.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Cathy, How lovely the tree. I wish you had my washboard. You have really stirred my mind to paint something on the washboard. I'm thinking....every day.

Berglind said...

You are realy talented, I love christmas and I'm beginning to thing about christmas too. The time goes so fast - suddenly Christmas is there!

Anonymous said...

I love your Victorian Santa, Cathy. You are so fortunate to have friends like the women you paint with to inspire and encourage you in your art.

By the way, I love your wallpaper--so pretty. I think you and I have similar tastes.