Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A New Doll In Town



A new Christmas doll is finished and what fun she was to make. Her face is painted, she has a wool coat, a painted candy cane and a Christmas tree so now she is ready for the season.
She carries a hand stitched star and has laces on her painted boots.
Her inspiration came from an older Australian Homespun magazine design by Melissa Duncan.
I have many more stuffed body pieces ready to put together, so I will probably be making a few more dolls for Christmas.
I have so many unfinished Christmas projects started from previous years, that have decided to try and finish a few of them this week. Never seems to be enough time to make everything I would like to make for Christmas, but I still have time......right???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's absolutely beautiful Cath! I love that she's hugging a wee tree! You amaze me!!!

Bev C said...

Your work is great, if you finish some work of every now and again it will all be finished in the end. Plus there is always next year and Christmas in July to get you motivated to finish of those little projects.
Happy stitching.

Clara....in TN said...

She is beautiful. I love your work. The painting is awesome!!