Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pillow Talk


It has been a busy house around here this last week. Not to much sewing or painting finished to show you. Everything is in different stages, but soon to be finished. I made a couple of pillows over the summer and tried using some wool felt on this one with an embroidered verse that reads "The Kiss Of The Sun For Pardon, The Song Of The Birds For Mirth, One Is Nearest Gods Heart In A Garden, Than Anywhere Else On Earth." It sat outside on the garden bench along with this red bird. Embroidered from a Barb Smith pattern from Theadora Cleaver called "Nesting Time".
Many more pillows are stitched and ready for some stuffing, all with a Christmas theme. I like to have them tucked in special places around the house, they seem to finish off my decorating for the holidays.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, Cathy, your handiwork is just lovely. I've always loved that verse because I do feel nearest God's heart when I'm outdoors taking in the beauty of His creation.

Donna said...

Your needle work is lovely. I love the chest you painted the Sleigh ride on, it has a nostalgic feel to it.

Peggy said...

I love the idea of cushions scattered around for Christmas.Your needlework is lovely.
Best Wishes
Peggy