Wednesday, September 24, 2008

All In A Year









It had been along time since I had worked on any cross stitch. The last time I can remember was in my first apartment when I had left home and couldn't afford a T.V., and maybe a few after that. Sometime about a year ago the bug hit me again and I could not put it down. Many hours of counting threads making sure it would all line up in the end. As you can see I need a lot of frames and some pressing to do. I love the saying on this long one, it reads "Teach Us.....That We May Feel The Importance Of Every Day...Of Every Hour As It Passes."
I still have one I am working, and a new Blackbirds design I can't wait to start. So many projects and never enough time to do every one that is on my mind.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Cathy, I found you via BETH. I love your work. I am in the process of looking at all your posts. I love to paint also. Your painted things are beautiful. My favorite thing to do is knit. I learned to knit socks last winter. Altho my blogroll is getting really long, I just added you. I know you will become one of my favorites! I am Clara...in TN USA

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I'm so glad Clara came over to your blog--she is the nicest lady!
You know, I didn't have a TV either when I got my first apartment, and I can't say I missed it much. Although I must admit, I don't have the lovely things to show for my time away from TV that you do! Your cross stitch is beautiful. I especially like the long one with its very wise saying.

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Cathy, thanks for the comment on my blog. I haven't put any of my paintings on my blog. They aren't near as good as yours. The one I won "Best Of Show" at the fair is on my web page. www.picturetrail.com/crochetclara
Then click on the appropriate album. I haven't painted in a long time. The knitted sock thing has my attention. Myabe I will get back into some painting this winter. I love your blog!