Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 9th 1998


It was a day like I have never known before nor have I known since. I was awake before the sun came up, sitting on the edge of the bed ready to go. A warm breeze and the sounds of the birds early song came through the windows. I had been packed for weeks, knowing that only days away I would have you here with me. I laugh to myself when I think about your Dad that morning, standing in the closet talking to himself, trying to find something to wear. I was calm...... he was anxious.
This day marks the day they said you are two weeks over due. This day they will take you from my belly and put you in my arms.

Today I held you, today I felt your soft skin against mine, today you wrapped your little fingers so tightly around one of mine, today I will never forget.
You are the poem I dream of writing, the masterpiece I long to paint. You are the shining star I have waited my whole life for with hopes of a life fulfilled.....You are my child, now with all things, I am blessed.
Happy 10th Birthday Sweetheart....I love you so much.

No comments: