Monday, September 1, 2008

Another Noah And His Ark






This is a small trunk that I finished awhile back. Noah and his ark sits on a curved top with the alphabet and an animal to match running around the bottom on all four sides. Many hours of painting and added detail to each if these little guys. Can you see the eyes glowing in the ark's windows?
There is a white pelican that sits on the ark and is under the "P"......that's for you K.M. (I know you love white pelicans) and an orange Kitty under the "K" for Furgus (we still miss you). There are lots of elephants for D.S. because she collects them and Gerry the Giraffe because he sleeps beside my son every night. The rest of the painting was filled in bit by bit. I even found a little giraffe knob for the front of the lid.
The Noah blocks from my last post will be finished into a small wall hanging and I think it will look nice on the wall above this trunk.

Somewhere today I read that there is 115 days until Christmas ...... could that be right??
I think some new painted Santa's will be next.....and new snowmen too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful work Bravo Martine

Osage Bluff Quilter said...

OMG that trunk is beautiful. Your work is outstanding. Do you sell your stuff?
Osagebluffquilter

Anonymous said...

Cathy,
First of all, of course I remember you! In fact, I was thinking of you the other day as I looked at my very first post and I thought, "I wonder if Cathy ever started a blog?" So now I know! Yippee! Secondly, I love your blog name. Perfect! Thirdly, your work is absolutely stunning. You are a very talented lady! I was just amazed at this Noah's Ark trunk--your work is incredible. I actually called my husband in to see it, and he said, "Holy Cow, that is beautiful!" I am in awe. I like your blog very much--I am so happy that you ventured into the blogosphere. Welcome! And now I'm off to add you to my blogroll...
Beth