Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bed Of Roses



I really liked the fabrics in this new bag. I started and finished it yesterday in between other daily chores. I think it will be a great bag for my small crochet and knitting projects to take with me wherever I go. It has six outside pockets to hold all of my supplies and hooks, maybe an extra stitching pattern too....you never know what you will be in the mood to work on away from home.
I like how this works in one piece, the bag is the lining, so there are no raw side seams showing, and no extra lining to add in at the end. The fabrics are by Ro Gregg, called "Bed Of Roses" quest for a cure. I was thinking that they would make a nice Christmas gift filled with goodies for the crafty ladies on my gift list.

3 comments:

Clara....in TN said...

Hi Cathy, I love the Bed Of Roses bag. I can never find pretty material. Did you get that at a specialty store? It reminds me of the one I entered at the fair. It was an "Amazing Grace" bag. You did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Cathy, I really love that material and your bag. The small-flowered prints remind me of a favorite dress when I was small that my Mama made me out of my farmer Grandpa's feed-sack material. The material that feedsacks used to be made of was often pretty prints so that the farmer's wife could use it to make things. I still have a little bit of feedsack material from my Grandma's.

The ladies on your Christmas list are lucky, lucky ladies! :-)

Berglind said...

Beautiful bag Cathy - you've had alot of fun making it, finishing it in just one day!